About Us
Unit Listings
Waiting List
Contact Us
HomeTenants > Reporting Income

Reporting Income

The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requires all Section 8 participants to certify their income at least once each year.  The Rental Assistance Corporation of Buffalo (RACB) further requires each participant to report any change in income greater than $50 a month.  

If you have had a change in your income you can report it to your caseworker by clicking on the following links, printing the forms, completing them, and sending them back to our office along with a copy of any verification that has changed since your last recertification.   TIF Form          Authorization          both must be returned to us. 

HUD has reached agreement with several agencies, including the Social Security Administration, which allows HUD to computer match the income reported to RACB with the income reported to these Agencies,  for each Section 8 family member.  HUD will notify any participant who has not fully reported the income of all the family members.  The participant will be asked to contact RACB and explain the discrepancy between what was reported to RACB.  RACB will meet with each family that receives a discrepancy letter.  We must report the results of the meeting to HUD. Some discrepancies can and will be explained as error (these families will continue to receive Section 8 assistance without interruption). 

Some discrepancies will be the result of deliberate underreporting of income.  A family that deliberately fails to report household income may lose their Section 8. If you have any questions about reported income, please contact your Caseworker.   Below are links to brochures published by HUD regarding Fraud.  You will need Adobe Reader to access them.

Is Fraud Worth It - English

Is Fraud Worth It - Spanish

Fraud Prevention Pamphlet